Wednesday 17 September 2014

South Wind and Heat Wave

Where we live September is the best time of the year.
The tourists have left for the rest of the year, the sun is still high in the sky and if the wind blows from the south, we get very warm conditions. 
Today was one of those days.
 It was 30+ C in the shade on our balcony and even dogs in the street were looking for the shadows of the trees. After a morning of doing chores around town I decided to hit the beach for cooling off from the heat. There was not much time and the water was cold, but once I was in, I began to enjoy the swim.
To start with I did not want to get my long hair wet, however the waves were huge and very inviting. I do like to body surf but was holding out to not ride them. By the time the fourth wave had passed me, my resolve disolved and I threw myself into the next wave.
There followed ten minutes of pure bliss...a short walk to dry off the skin and I was headed home looking forward to a much needed lunch.
What a life..someone has to live it, why not me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could join you!
MBC